[Adonthell-general] new developer; 'rules'-list?

From: walther-franks
Subject: [Adonthell-general] new developer; 'rules'-list?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:20:03 +0100

Hullo There.

A friend of mine and James, Nils, is interested in joining the Adonthell
team. He's sent the odd mail to the one or other list, but now wants to
become engaged for real. He'd like to become involved on the game
development concerning rules. Now this is maybe a new field for which we
don't have a single person working on it, but he'd be prepared to take that
job. We had a chat about the Adonthell rules this weekend and noticed that
the rules are a central part of the game, linked to basically everything,
and that the more and more you think about them, the more complex it gets!
So far I guess everybody just participated in the discussion on the rules
system, and it should certainly stay that way. But Nils could be kind of the
administrator. He certainly has good experience in both pen-and-paper and
Computer RPGs - But, hey, let him introduce himself, he can tell you more...
;)

The question I wanted to ask, is what list should he subscribe to (if not
all - he doesn't want to be swamped with mail)? it shouldn't be devel, cause
that's mainly for the coding, and the general list is more, well, just
'general' stuff...

As the game rules are a huge and important part, coming directly before the
implementing, shouldn't we maybe have an own _rules_ list (or 'game system'
or something suitable)? Or what do you think?

BEN