Re: [Adonthell-general] New Rules

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] New Rules
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:36:22 +0200

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:56:44 +0200 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Over the weekend I met Ben and we had a lot of discussions about
> Adonthell. Here is a new version of the rules. We added some
> clarifications, and did a rework of the special abilities according to
> the concerns you had. The new system is much more specific and it
> really gives each of the races its own destinctive feel. We have not
> covered experience (and gaining levels)  and alignment ,yet; they will
> follow soon (we just could not wait to show you some results of our
> work). Let us know what you think, greetings Nils!

Wow! I like it a lot! The only concern that is left is that Dwarves are
the losers when it comes to skills. The only skill where they surpass
every other race is drinking, and I can't really see where this would be
really useful.

So perhaps they should be the only ones to get 5 ranks at open locks or
something like that. As they are great craftsmen, any intricate lock
would be certainly made by a Dwarf. So it might also need a Dwarf to
pick it.

Other than that it is nicely balanced.

The document itself is well written too. It's practically ready to
include into an actual user manual once we make one! (There's a slight
error in dwarves' special abilities: ... from genration to genaration
to create to create ...)
          ^^^^^^^^^

Well done! Can't await the final bits. Oh, and I guess another skill or
two might not hurt either, so if somebody has another idea ...