Re: [Adonthell-general] website improvement (?)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] website improvement (?)
Date: 21 Apr 2002 20:04:36 +0200

> But when using text/html, the browser will execute the script, but also
> show a new page which isn't what we want.

But if the script just open a popup and immediatly redirects, this will
nearly be invisible, isn't it?

> > But back on my PHP days I think it was
> > possible to get information about the browser. I think it's the same
> > for all CGI's. Maybe Google would help there :)
>
> It's the same. Figuring out the user_agent is easy. But is it really
> possible to test whether javascript is working/enabled? Well, I'll have
> a look.

It's right that only relying on the browser name isn't accurate enough.
Well, anyway: we could always provide a direct link to the files, plus
(just at the right of it) a "download and read instructions" link that
would use javascript. Just in case we can't reasonnably use that.

Maybe this site (http://java-script.4t.com/) will be helpfull to you.

See you!
Alex.
--