Re: [Adonthell-general] New music

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] New music
Date: 24 Apr 2002 09:46:33 +0200

> Meh, well. I'm done with the at-town.ogg song, which is to accompany your
> travels in a town. If looped perfectly from beginning to end, it sounds
> fine. No special loop points needed.
>
> Heh heh. It's such a blatant RPG town song indeed.
>
> http://zhaymusic.com/music/at-town.ogg

Wuuuw! Just listened quickly to it (I'm at the labs, so I kicked someone
out of his (Windows) machine to be able to get sound :)). The first
impression is that it's a great song. The first time you hear to it, you
immediatly get addicted. You obviously love piano, and it's immediatly
felt with this song. Personnally, that's *exactly* what I expected :).

This is really the song I think we could use if we make a short "artists
targeted" demo, as we discussed some days ago, using 0.4 features. Now
that our artists are back, and that 0.3 Windows binaries are coming
(watch the list tomorrow), if we could blind potential joiners with a
sample of what's coming and what they are proposed to take part of, we'd
immediatly generate great interest.

Shall we launch this demo idea? It would of course be a part of 0.4 (and
1.0) world, ideally a village - some said the village of Waste's Edge,
including the Redwyne Inn. Well, Redwyne is a lot of work, so maybe we
could cut it off for the moment.

Comments, ideas! ^_^
Alex.
--