Re: [Adonthell-general] Plot Guidelines Part 1

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Plot Guidelines Part 1
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:40:15 +0200

On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 00:23:59 +0200 Benjamin Walther-Franks wrote:

> I'm just going to nag at the details a bit ;) :

Yeah, everything you say makes perfect sense to me. I'll try to
add/change stuff this evening.

> -NPC's: You forgot one category: Fun NPCs! I can't really think of a
> good example, but I'm sure James could :) I guess you could group
> those under No-use characters, but then that's such a degrading name
> -why not change it to... diversion characters? Because that's in the
> end what these characters could be useful for!

Right. I forgot about those. What I meant with no-use characters are
those NPCs you find in other games that just stand around with no
purpose at all. They're probably meant to populate places, but the
result looks rather poor. That's a big difference to the fun characters
you describe.

Maybe I should add this as well: just because a NPC is involved with
main plot or side quest doesn't mean he can't be funny and weird at the
same time. Not all of the plot should be grave. If there are fun bits,
then the real tragic scenes will work even better (and the other way
round).

Anyway, thanks for comments so far: they'll be a big improvement over
the current draft :).