Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows installer available!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows installer available!
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:10:51 +0200

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:28:14 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Here is a list of the little things I've changed from the CVS Windows
> files:
>
> -Renamed the group to "Adonthell - Waste's Edge"
> -Renamed the Website URL to "Adonthell Website"
> -Added links to the README and PLAYING files

That's cool. I was even thinking about a link to the adonthell.ini file
(Configure Waste's Edge). But in that case, we had to include it in the
installer. Which wouldn't be much of a problem, of course.

> What else I'd propose to do is to adapt the README file to the Windows
> public, emphazing on the fact that Adonthell comes from the Linux
> world(along with some Free Software Integrist speech ;)).

Definately! A README.w32 is what we need! We'll have the whole weekend
to come up with something nice, though. Now it's a little late, but I
can give it a try tomorrow.

> As for the zip file, I'm changing my mind. It'd look much less
> professionnal (the .exe itself doesn't have an icon, we have to
> twiddle with a link to run the game, etc.), and as the installer
> doesn't mess anything up in the registry, I say it's safe.

Damn! Now I'll have to rewrite that windows download page! ;)
Can't rely on nobody these days ...