[Adonthell-general] Windows installer available!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Windows installer available!
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:28:14 +0200

Hi guys!

You who have a copy of windows, please check out
http://www.lifl.fr/~courbot/wastesedge-0.3.3.exe !

This is the first draft of the Windows installer. Draft is not the
appropriate word, as it works pretty well, but I'd like to discuss some
details.

Here is a list of the little things I've changed from the CVS Windows
files:

-Renamed the group to "Adonthell - Waste's Edge"
-Renamed the Website URL to "Adonthell Website"
-Added links to the README and PLAYING files

What else I'd propose to do is to adapt the README file to the Windows
public, emphazing on the fact that Adonthell comes from the Linux world
(along with some Free Software Integrist speech ;)). Also we could point
out that we are looking for graphic artists, translators, etc. (I was
about to write "programmers" but I fear we'd have much more bad
surprises than good ones if we do so). Then we could release it!

As for the zip file, I'm changing my mind. It'd look much less
professionnal (the .exe itself doesn't have an icon, we have to twiddle
with a link to run the game, etc.), and as the installer doesn't mess
anything up in the registry, I say it's safe.

And *ahem*, how is the gfx documentation coming? :) That's what we've
made this installer for, after all!

Please share your experience with it!
Alex.
--