Re: [Adonthell-general] Weapons list

From: clinton reece
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Weapons list
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:59:58 -0700 (PDT)

The game rules doc shows a "longsword", so for consistency maybe
there should actually be one :)

On a slightly related topic... have proficiencies been discussed
yet? A great deal many RPGs use them, because they help define
the combat a bit more. I can understand if Adonthell wants to
stay away from making combat too enticing :)

And back to the topic on hand... How many weapons do you want?
There are literally hundereds.

It's sometimes helpful to separate weapons into damage types
(bludgeoning, slashing, piercing, et al -- this is why I asked
about proficiencies) and weapon types (like you have done
already). That way, you can try to come up with a balanced
number of weapons per each damage type and weapon type. This
also adds a bit of "coolness complexity".

Ex.
name: "Marauder's Javelin"
weapon: Javelin
weapon type: Thrown/Spear