Re: [Adonthell-general] Anyone there?

From: Benjamin Walther-Franks
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Anyone there?
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:58:36 +0100

At Sunday 17.11.2002 14:16, you wrote:
On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:06:53 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Also, since we are making one of our projects (timetabling) in Python,
> we are starting to masterize the language little by little and to know
> what are the do/do not to get efficient code. And today, I have
> discovered a marvellous package for Python: Psyco

Wow. Looks cool. Guess that might be useful once we implement the rules
in Python and will have loads of calculations. Drawback is that it'll
only work on x86 hardware, but that'll be the most common anyway. For
the schedules, I guess the context switch is more expensive than the
actual execution. But then again, future schedules might get much more
complex.

> > Also there are a couple of things that shouldn't require too much
> > work, but rather some discussion. Like the v0.4 intro and plot. Any
> > chance to get at least that done?
>
> Sure. I'll try to get more involved in the plot discussion. At your
> risks! ;)

Go ahead please!

> I'm also wondering: is everybody so busy by real life? It would be
> cool to see at least one field progressing, like gfxs (but James & Ben
> are busy too AFAIK). Or maybe it's the right time to use every single
> effort on finding new people to work with. Our recent searchs haven't
> been concluding, maybe we will be more lucky?

Yeah, that would be cool. I guess one thing we could do is make it clear
on our website that we are looking for people. On the front page. Right
now all the contributing and joining info is quite hidden. Maybe we can
also restructure stuff a little and give more info. Have extra sections
for artwork, writing and coding, etc.

Then of course we can look for places to post jobs and such. Would still
be nice to have comprehensive info on our website to point people at,
instead of having to tell the same stuff over and over again.

> Anyway, I'm waiting for news from everyone, too! :)

Yeah. Cirrus, Ben, Nils? What's up?

Heere me is! :)

So sorry guys but I'm up to my neck in stuff at the moment, primarily in the work on a video-accompaniment (clips and trailers) for an upcoming design conference in Bremen. I'm afraid it will stay this way for another 3 weeks, when the conference takes place.

Of course I haven't forgotten Adonthell, but I haven't even been able to make much progress on the rules. No matter what comes, I'll tackle certain issues, such as the rules, before christmas, and the xmas hols should also give me some time. Same as James, I might be getting a graphic-board for my PC soon, which will be a great incentive for more artwork!

I don't want to make any promises, but you'll definately hear (and see stuff) from me again soon.

BEN