[Adonthell-general] Fwd: Wow, very cool work on adonthell

From: Adonthell Project
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Fwd: Wow, very cool work on adonthell
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:23:58 +0200

Still getting comments on WE! :)

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Von: Dom
Datum: Mi, 27. Aug 2003  09:02:34 Europe/Berlin
An: address@hidden
Betreff: Wow, very cool work on adonthell

I just finished playing Waste's edge and I must say,
DAMN! WOW that was incredible.  I can't believe how
well put together that was.  The graphics looked
great, the script was excellent, and the music.. WOW..
 incredible work on this.  That first cutscene with
the pan at the gate of waste's edge looked so cool.

Its so refreshing to see and RPG-like game where the
characters actually interact with the player
intelligently.  Completely not what i was expecting at
all. And all open source too!  Very cool that you were
able to pack so much into one small map.  The art was
very consistent throughout the whole thing.

Im definately going to have to check out the source to
this.  Im running Debian/Woody, didnt have any
problems compiling after apt-get'ing libsdl1.2-dev and
libvorbis.    The game ran flawlessly on my 450mhz
PIII 128mb ram w/voodoo3.

I have 1 or 2 suggestions though...  the font, while
looking cool, is a bit rough around the edges.  After
a while you dont notice it though, but a smoother
version would be nicer.

In the dialogs with other characters, there is no way
to scroll all the way back up to the top to see what
they originally were saying.

The artwork is very cool, but sometimes its a little
pixely around the edges.  I realize though there isnt
too much you can do about this without some serious
serious nitty gritty work.

Other than those small polish issues, i didnt
encounter any bugs or weirdness with the game.  very
cool.

I really want to hack on this a bit once i get some
free time.  Rock on, keep up the excellent work.

-Dom