[Adonthell-general] Adonthell 0.3.4 ready for testing

From: ksterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell 0.3.4 ready for testing
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:18:53 +0200

I've just finished uploading the first adonthell 0.3.4 packages. For those of
you that weren't following discussion on adonthell-devel:

* This IS NOT the long awaited v0.4. Sorry!
* This IS a maintainance release for the 0.3 series with much improved
internationalization, true type font support and a Dutch translation of Waste's
Edge.

Before announcing this release 'officially', it would be cool if you could test
the packages I've made or the CVS code. Give me some feedback whether it
compiles and runs.

Available 'packages':

CVS:
    http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/development/cvs.shtml
    get modules 'adonthell-0.3' and 'wastesedge'

Source:
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/adonthell/adonthell-0.3.4.tar.gz
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/adonthell/wastesedge-0.3.4.tar.gz

OSX binary:
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/adonthell/wastesedge-0.3.4.dmg.gz
    This package should work out of the box on 10.3. For 10.2 a Framework build
of Python 2.3 ( http://www.python.org/2.3.4/ ) is required.

Once it is confirmed that the packages work, I'll put an anouncement on our
website (and possibly elsewhere). However, I first want to add the call for
more developers and related info, so that it will get a larger audience. That
way, we'll hopefully make faster progress on v0.4 too.

So please test and enjoy.

Kai

P.S: If you want to see what Dutch looks like, edit
$HOME/.adonthell/adonthellrc and set locale to nl_NL. Or 'export LANG=nl_NL'.

I also hope this will motivate other translators, so that we can include more
translation in the official release.