Re: [Adonthell-general] Building adonthell on 64 bits Fedora

From: Mathieu Bridon
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Building adonthell on 64 bits Fedora
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:57:00 +0000

2008/4/22 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden> wrote:

>  PS: Fedora 9 now uses GCC-4.3, and adonthell-0.3.4 gets a lot of
>  warnings building with it. However, it builds fine, and as Fedora 9 is
>  the only distribution to use it as a default (I think), it should not
>  be a problem...

I tested a little bit with g++ 4.3 and it seems that there are a lot
of deprecation warnings regarding some C++ headers. However, when
replacing those with the supposedly new headers, I get:

#error This file requires compiler and library support for the
upcoming ISO C++ standard, C++0x. This support is currently
experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x
compiler options.
Not very surprising, Fedora  is know to include the very last versions of everything, even if it is still highly experimental :)

That doesn't give me a lot of confidence either ;-). Guess for now it
might be better to use -Wno-deprecated to filter out the header
warnings. This still leaves enough warnings that I'll look into,
though.
You can use it, however, I won't be able to use it for inclusion in Fedora 9. I'll try to have a look at it and ask the Fedora devs what they suggest. As they ship GCC 4.3, they might have some clues about how to deal with this migration.

Mathieu