Re: [Adonthell-general] Compiling, make clean and CTRL+C

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Compiling, make clean and CTRL+C
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 23:29:20 +0100

2011/2/5 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

> Now shouldn't there be a make clean as well. From what little I know
> of compiling 'make clean' is good . Any old stuff/cruft which might be
> there gets cleaned out.

You can run make clean, but normally its not really necessary. The
build system will try to only rebuild the files that really changed,
to keep compilation time down. Make clean forces a rebuild of
everything, which is only useful in certain cases.

Another use for make clean could be to clean up the source tree from
anything that's generated by the build. But since we recommend to
build outside the actual source directory, there's no real need for
that either.