Re: [Adonthell-general] Development preview 0.4

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Development preview 0.4
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 19:41:46 +0100

2011/3/2 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

>     For some other reason went to the site today. Saw that the
> development preview link (which was not there) is there now. Atleast I
> didn't see it before .

It's there for a while, and all the alpha releases had been announced
on the news section when they first were made available. Since the
focus has now shifted to re-creating Waste's Edge first, there isn't
really much value in providing updates for these previews. One of
their purpose, ensuring that binaries of the v0.4 engine with its many
libraries and dynamically loaded modules do still run on OSX and
Windows, has been fulfilled. Another purpose, attracting more
contributors was pretty much a failure, but I doubt that an update
would help here, since on the outside, stuff does look all the same.

> The link is of 0.4a3 which is about a year old, is there an update in
> the offing ?

For now, getting stuff from git is the only way to get something
recent. I would consider another alpha release if we make substantial
progress with the graphics, but for some reason cannot immediately
finish Waste's Edge. OTOH, in that case providing some moving pictures
might work just as well.