Re: [Adonthell-general] error while compiling ./adonthell

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] error while compiling ./adonthell
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:05:45 +0530

at bottom :-

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Chris Frey <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 01:22:15PM +0530, shirish ??????????????? wrote:
>> > ../../../adonthell/src/world/renderer.cc: In member function 'bool
>> > world::default_renderer::is_object_below(const world::render_info&,
>> > const world::render_info&) const':
>> > ../../../adonthell/src/world/renderer.cc:383:11: error: exception
>> > handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
>> > make[3]: *** [libadonthell_world_la-renderer.lo] Error 1
>> > make[3]: Leaving directory
>> >
>> > I am attaching the full build-log which probably will help in
>> > unraveling if it's something I did or something by the developers.
>
> That was me.  I added the exception since it seemed the easiest to fix
> a fairly complicated set of return statements, and the last return wasn't
> clear to me.
>
> The exception is not ideal, and with some effort can likely be removed.
> I didn't know people were compiling with exceptions turned off.
>
> I'll add it to my todo list.  In the meantime, you can replace it with
> any return value you like, since I don't think it will be used.

Dear Chris,
Thank you for getting back to me. I'm not a programmer, can you tell
me what I need to do on the CLI so that the error does not happen.
I'll be happy to wait for awhile (or few days) as and when you fix
whatever it is that needs fixing, just reply to me when you have fixed
it.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल