Re: [Adonthell-general] Python library not found

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Python library not found
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 20:47:22 +0100

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM, shirish शिरीष <address@hidden> wrote:

> $  apt-file search libpython2.7.so

This is the library the configure script should pick up in your case:
> libpython2.7: /usr/lib/python2.7/config/libpython2.7.so

Can you check if it is an actual file or perhaps just a symbolic link to
> libpython2.7: /usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so
?

If it's a regular file, are the two files above identical. I.e do a
diff on them or compare their file sizes.

> I am on a 64-bit system, maybe that's the issue and the path is
> different than on 32-bit systems and that what throws the build system
> off or something else?

It should not matter, but I guess there might be issues if both 64bit
and 32bit versions are installed.