Re: [Adonthell-general] Python library not found

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Python library not found
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:24:32 +0100

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM, shirish शिरीष <address@hidden> wrote:

>> This is the library the configure script should pick up in your case:
>>> libpython2.7: /usr/lib/python2.7/config/libpython2.7.so

> Actually it doesn't seem to have that one :-
> So as can be seen it has only :-
>
> /usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu$ ls

I see. So it appears that the other one would be the 32bit version,
which would be the wrong one anyway. In that case, the library is
indeed in a location our configure script does not check. You can tell
it where to look, however:

Simply add this to the configure invocation:
  --with-py-libs="-L/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu -lpython2.7"

The configure script has a couple of paths it checks besides the
obvious, but it doesn't have that one. What distro are you currently
running. If its one that will be seeing more widespread use in the
future, it might be worth to add that path or some more robust way to
actually find out what the right path should be.

Best regards,