adr-devel

Re: [adr-devel] Progress

From: Stefan G. Weichinger
Subject: Re: [adr-devel] Progress
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:08:31 +0200

Hi, Bernd Harmsen,

on april, 22nd, 2003, 20:04 you wrote:

BH> Next I want to rework the concept and include suggestions from stefans
BH> and my last mails. The main steps are:

BH> 1) Rework the native pfad to work with amrestore
BH> 2) Create an initial optimised pfad
BH> 3) Create an initial list of wanted programms/modules with descriptions.
BH> 4) Create initial descriptions of the interfaces and data formats of
BH>    this programs

BH> Proposals for this steps are welcome.

I restarted working on the Essential Backup Tool today.

I want to reconstruct the former oops_backup.sh to deliver
machine-readable information in a "VARIABLE=VALUE"-style. If you think
another format would be better please tell me.

I also took out the "autosearch"-routines and changed the AM_CONF_DIR
to be hardcoded as discussed.

I also commented out the USB-stick code.
I want to concentrate on content first, the delivery of the data comes
second, I think.

The system-dependent parts will be clearly determined and marked so
maybe Bernd can put in the debian-specific parts. Or we merge Bernds
script into.

I will give you a list of variables the script generates, so you can
think about it and add wishes ...

I will do some more work on the script in the next day and will cvs it
when itŽs worth looking at it ;-)

Tell me if that all is ok for you.

Best regards,
Stefan