adr-devel

[adr-devel] concept

From: Stefan G. Weichinger
Subject: [adr-devel] concept
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:11:58 +0200

Hi, Bernd,

I looked through the Concept-file today and was self-confident enough
to correct some slight errors you seem to have looked over.

The corrected version is up on our cvs-rep now.

Here some thoughts:

3.3.1.1. assumes everyone is doing amverify regularly. Maybe you mean
the emails from amdump?

Note: I see you tell about that assumption in A.3 ...

3.3.1.2. Why should someone use dump? AFAIK there is no particular
benefit in using dump, so it would reduce the complexity of restoring
data to use GNU-tar for all your DLEs.

3.3.1.4.

Your first note: I will think about that.

Your second note: You are right to skip the first entry.
Lookup ./docs/RESTORE in the Amanda-tgz, chapter 6d):

> Skip the first record, which is just the tape header, by using the
> appropriate tape command.

Maybe the instructions should say:

mt --file=/dev/x rewind
mt --file=/dev/x fsf 1
mt --file=/dev/x fsf X

3.3.1.4.c

? Amstellen ? Seems you left some notes in there ...

3.3.2.10.

>From here on there are some labels with english/german mixed titles

3.3.2.10.c

Same topic as in 3.3.1.4.  ...