Re: [aspell] Strange behaviour in the phonetic translation rules

From: Jacob Sparre Andersen
Subject: Re: [aspell] Strange behaviour in the phonetic translation rules
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:37:22 +0100 (MET)

Kevin:

> Yes it is a bug.  The bug is that the phonetic
> representation can not be longer than the actual word.
> This is rarely a problem in practice because most all of
> the time the phonetic representation is a good deal
> shorter than the actual word.  I have not had time to
> fix it, nor is a high priority since it it not a real
> problem in practice although I should make a note of it.

When Martin found it, it must be a problem in practice.

I hadn't noticed it myself, but after a careful review of
the words with x (which, as in Swedish, is pronounced ks in
Danish), I found 254 words, where the phonetic
representation appears to be wrong due to the limit you have
imposed.

Jacob
--
Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,