[Aspell-user] cannot build personal wordlist

From: Dormont, Dan (CORP)
Subject: [Aspell-user] cannot build personal wordlist
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:27:23 -0400

Hi,

I just installed aspell-0.50.1 on a Solaris 2.8 system (thanks Kevin for the
portability fixes).

Everything's great, but when I try to create a personal dictionary, I get a
core dump.  I've tried

aspell --lang=en create personal ./my.words

with and without the --lang, with or without the filename specified, as root
and an ordinary user, specifying /usr/local/lib in the library path and not
(it's not set by default, and I didn't use --enable-static when compiling,
don't know if that makes a difference), and it always says

Abort(coredump)

Can anyone offer a suggestion?  I'd happily re-compile if there's some set
of configure options that would make this different.

By the way, I tried doing "create master" and that worked fine.  Since the
dictionary will be invoked by --add-extra-dict anyway, I figured that was
ok.  The problem is this word list will be expanded over time and there's no
"merge master" option.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Dormont
SupportCentral - GE Corporate
Share Knowledge, Find Answers
900 Chapel Street, 7th. Floor
New Haven, CT 06510
Ph:(203) 787-7028 Dial-Comm 8*233-7028
E-Mail : address@hidden

P.S.  I'd be willing to create the personal wordlist manually if necessary.
Is the format documented somewhere?