Re: [Aspell-user] cannot build personal wordlist

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] cannot build personal wordlist
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:35:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Dormont, Dan (CORP) wrote:

> with and without the --lang, with or without the filename specified, as root
> and an ordinary user, specifying /usr/local/lib in the library path and not
> (it's not set by default, and I didn't use --enable-static when compiling,
> don't know if that makes a difference), and it always says
>
> Abort(coredump)

That is because this feature is not implemented yet.

> Can anyone offer a suggestion?  I'd happily re-compile if there's some set
> of configure options that would make this different.
>
> P.S.  I'd be willing to create the personal wordlist manually if necessary.
> Is the format documented somewhere?

Ii is not documented but it is pretty trivial.  Basically it is a word
list, one word per line, with a special header:

  "personal_ws-1.1 en 86"

The second word is the language, the third is the number of words in the
dictionary.  But this number is only used as a hint so it can be 0.  When
Aspell saves the personal word list the number will be updated.

You can also add words to a personal word list using the "pipe" interface.
See that manual for documentation on using the "pipe" interface.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org