[Aspell-user] problem installing dictionaries

From: Ott Toomet
Subject: [Aspell-user] problem installing dictionaries
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:13:49 +0200

Dear gurus,

A computer I am using (linux, intel) has aspell-0.33.7 installed as
rpm, unfortunatley the british dictionary is missing.  I tried to
install the dictionary from tarball aspell-en-0.50-2.tar but it did
not suceed:

address@hidden a]$ tar -xf aspell-en-0.50-2.tar

address@hidden a]$ cd aspell-en-0.50-2

address@hidden aspell-en-0.50-2]$ ./configure Finding Dictionary file
location ... # conf descrip: main configuration file # conf default:
aspell.conf # conf current: aspell.conf # conf-dir descrip: location
of main configuration file # conf-dir default: /etc # conf-dir
current: /etc # data-dir descrip: location of language data files #
data-dir default: <prefix:share/aspell> # data-dir current:
/usr/share/aspell # dict-dir descrip: location of the main word lis

... a large part deleted

address@hidden aspell-en-0.50-2]$ make
Makefile:81: *** missing separator.  Stop.

As you see, something is wrong with configuration but I cannot
understand what. --vars did not seem to change anything.  I installed
a new version of aspell (0.50.1, from source), it installed without
problems, but I was not able to install the dictionaries, as before.

Any suggestions?

With regards,
Ott Toomet