[Aspell-user] Adding to the dictionary

From: Jim Clark
Subject: [Aspell-user] Adding to the dictionary
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:05:17 -0600

I am an excellent speller. However, I am a poor typist. I work on a Linux
box, writing html pages all day. I use spell to catch most of my typos. It
also consistently finds one I want it to ignore. But I am not a programmer
(at all!)

Enough autobiography. I was reading about aspell because I want to add some
commonly used words to my personal spelling dictionary, but I do
not see anywhere how to do that. There is no man page for spell or aspell.
All the files in /usr/lib/aspell are mysterious to me, . I have what seems
to me a simple request. There are words I use over and over that I want to
add to my spelling dictionary, so spell (calling aspell) will not trip on
them. This should not be complicated. Can someone tell me how this is done,
in a way a programming idiot can understand?

Thanks-

Jim Clark
IBM Global Services, Service Delivery Center - West
Lenexa, Kansas