[Aspell-user] Re: Adding to the dictionary

From: Jon Ericson
Subject: [Aspell-user] Re: Adding to the dictionary
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:09:28 -0800

Jim Clark <address@hidden> writes:

> Enough autobiography. I was reading about aspell because I want to
> add some commonly used words to my personal spelling dictionary, but
> I do not see anywhere how to do that. There is no man page for spell
> or aspell.  All the files in /usr/lib/aspell are mysterious to me,
> . I have what seems to me a simple request. There are words I use
> over and over that I want to add to my spelling dictionary, so spell
> (calling aspell) will not trip on them. This should not be
> complicated. Can someone tell me how this is done, in a way a
> programming idiot can understand?

How do you invoke Aspell?  From XEmacs typing `?' gives a list of
commands including `i' to ``[i]nsert into private dictionary''.  If
you do an ``aspell -c file'', the command `a' adds to the personal
dictionary and `l' add as a lower case word.  Is that what you're
asking?

Jon
--
  By wisdom a house is built,
    and through understanding it is established;