Re: [Aspell-user] Latvian & aspell

From: Lars Aronsson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Latvian & aspell
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:20:10 +0100 (CET)

Eduards Cauna wrote:

> 3. While in /usr/local/lib/aspell/ I used command
> aspell --lang=lv create master ./lv < lv_wordlist

This creates "lv" in your current working directory.

> 4. It creates file "lv" which is not recognized by aspell with "aspell dump
> dicts".

By default, aspell looks for the dictionary file ("lv") in its
standard data directory, typically /usr/share/...something
You have to specify either

aspell --master=./lv

or tell aspell that it should use the current working directory:

aspell --dict-dir=. --master=lv dump master
or
aspell --dict-dir=. --lang=lv

or you could copy your master file ("lv") to the /usr/share/...
place.  Use "aspell dump config | grep data-dir" to find out which
directory that is.

--
  Lars Aronsson (address@hidden)
  Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se/