[Aspell-user] Re: configure script mising in CVS??

From: Mahesh T. Pai
Subject: [Aspell-user] Re: configure script mising in CVS??
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:42:10 +0530

I'm not sure if this is the way it ought to be, but I cannot find the
configure script in aspell CVS repository.

If configure is supposed to be built by ./autogen, it is not.

I have following versions of the `required' packages as per README-CVS..

perl v. 5.8.2
libtool v. 1.5.2
gettext v. 0.14.1
autoconf v. 2.59
automake v. 1.5
makeinfo v. 4.6

./autogen exits with the following message:-

<snip>

File "common/errors.cpp" unchanged.
configure.ac:5: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
aclocal.m4:546: AM_CONFIG_HEADER is expanded from...
configure.ac:5: the top level
configure.ac:418: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
aclocal.m4:559: _AM_DIRNAME is expanded from...
configure.ac:418: the top level
automake: configure.ac: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
Makefile.am:130: static_optfiles was already defined in condition TRUE, which
implies condition COMPILE_IN_FILTERS_TRUE

  static_optfiles (User, where = 130) +=
  {
    TRUE => modules/filter/ur

<more snip>

akefile.am:132: dynamic_optfiles was already defined in condition TRUE, which
implies condition COMPILE_IN_FILTERS_FALSE

  dynamic_optfiles (User, where = 132) +=
  {
    TRUE =>
  }
Makefile.am:92: variable `extra_ldflags' not defined
automake: Makefile.am: warning: automake does not support libaspell_la_SOURCES
being defined conditionally
Makefile.am:98: variable `extra_ldflags' not defined

<end>

I am running debian woody/testing box.

--
$ mv -vfi linux gnu/linux