Re: [Aspell-user] Problem with accents

From: lists . aspell-user
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Problem with accents
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:19:20 +0200

Hallo Kevin,

Op 10 Oct 04 schreef Kevin Atkinson aan address@hidden:

 >> When I have a text with letters with accents [like ê, â], these
 >> letters do not show up in the text [upper] window of aspelll.
 KA> It might be that the local encoding is not set to the encoding that the
 KA> document is in.  What does
 KA>   locale
 KA> give you?

Quite a lot :) If this causes the problem, could you please tell me how to fix
it and where I could find more information? I like my system to run in
English, but most of the text files I write are in Dutch and some in
Vietnamese.

=== import ===
LANG=en_US
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=POSIX
=== tropmi ===

Groetjes,

           Hans.

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/040412
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)