Re: [Aspell-user] aspell in "non-interactive" mode

From: Ivan Villanueva
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell in "non-interactive" mode
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:34:58 +0200

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 11:23:59AM +0200, Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> I would like to know if the following is possible. I want to run
> aspell in "non-interactive" mode, i.e. I want it to report the
> misspelt words and their locations in a given file (without prompting
> the user to correct them), so that the file with the reported errors
> be inspected at a later time. I played with
> aspell -a option,
> but I do not know whether it is suitable for me. I am using Aspell 0.50.3

In Linux you can just do:
cat a_text_file.txt | aspell -a > reported_errors_file.txt

reported_errors_file.txt will contain a line for each error with the
location in a_text_file.txt (line and column), plus suggestions. For
instance of such a line for the misspelled word "berlin":

& berlin 19 2: Berlin, beeline, Berlins, Berliner, Bellina, Bellini,
belling, Oberlin, Merlin, Berni, blini, Bering, Berlin's, Bern, baling,
byline, Belia, Berle, belie

Iván Villanueva