Re: [Aspell-user] western european languages

From: Maki 1sy8
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] western european languages
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:14:57 +0200

On 4/28/06, bnj <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I am having some problems with documents in French and in German: the
special charachters like é à è ö ä ü do not seem to be supported by
aspell. I have tried two different options:
1. write the characters as they are, encoded in latin-1.
2. write the LaTeX code (like \'e, \"u, ...)
None of these options gave a good result. At each time, aspell considers
this special character as a separator between two words, such that a
word like:

Fremdwörter

would become, for aspell, these two words:

Fremdw rter

Of course, none of them is german an aspell wants to correct them.

So what is your solution?

Thank you in advance,

Benjamin

Are you sure of your encoding ? I aspell-ed  a few french  LaTeX docs and it worked *almost* perfectly.

I say *almost* as I have some strange problem. I posted the following question before but got no answers till now :
> Is it normal that from time time aspell proposes words with spaces or hyphens instead of the whole
> worlds ??
> Example : I had the correctly spelled french word 'diminutif', aspell proposed me 'diminu  tif' which
> is wrong.
> How come ?

But in this word, there is no paticular encoded characters, still it got split in the aspell's proposals !

Regards.
1sy8