[Aspell-user] aspell win32 and pan reader or sylpheed win32 ports

From: stef
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell win32 and pan reader or sylpheed win32 ports
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:32:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have installed Aspell-0-50-3-3 at location c:\aspell on my Win XP HE box.

Aspell itself will spell check if I drop a file into it....

Both Pan Reader and Sylpheed Win32 ports make use of Aspell to spell check but do *not* recognize/see it at all, in my case.

I had installed Aspell previously to c:\program files\aspell and had tried to change the path several times adding bin, etc., but no joy getting either of Pan Reader or Sylpheed ports to recognize/call/use Aspell.

I finally un-installed it to re-install at c:\Aspell ( as I read in the readme file that it is the preferred location for it.)

I have dropped the aspell-15.dll and pspell-15.dll in the Pan directory; and it *should* pick up Aspell but no results.

Can anyone suggest changes that will help me get these programs to "see" and use Aspell?

Thanks.