[Aspell-user] API for score

From: Devdutt Marathe
Subject: [Aspell-user] API for score
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:13:38 +0530

Hi all,

This question is addressed to the aspell community, but specifically to Ethan Bradford and Gora Mohanty.

There is a patch (by Ethan) to expose the scores for a candidate word. I patched aspell-0.60.4 with this. Everything was OK till ./configure. Then make failed, saying that it couldn't find suggestion_list.cpp . Is there a way to correct this problem easily? Did you diff against a different version of aspell?

To Gora:
I was wondering whether the patch you've submitted, to allow programmatic setting/getting of the various weights and costs, contains some means to figure out what the score is. The bottomline wish is that I should be able to get, for any pair of words, a "score" that quantifies the similarity between the 2 words.

Please do reply when you can. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Devdutt