[Aspell-user] Splitting words in aspell

From: Devdutt Marathe
Subject: [Aspell-user] Splitting words in aspell
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:45:01 +0530

Hi all,

I have noticed that when the input to aspell is two words with the space between them removed, like worddrink, aspell will actually correctly split the words, and return "word drink" as the first result. However, if the input is, for example worddrinkwine, it will not split correctly, and more often than not, returns very weird results. Is there a configuration within aspell that allows one to change this? I'm assuming that the input is split at all possible points, and if any of pairs matches a pair of words in the dictionary, that pair is returned.

Another minor modification: what if I asked for corrections on worddrimk (notice that drimk is not a word). Even in this case, aspell fails to return the correct answer. Is there a relatively easy workaround/hack for this one?

Thanks!
Devdutt