Re: [Aspell-user] aspell and USB-Stick

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell and USB-Stick
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:18:47 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Thomas Schäfer wrote:

Hello there,
i am new to this list, so please be pardoning my possible mistakes ;-) .I have
searched for a while, but haven't found anything helpfull yet: I have a
complete mobile latex environment on my usb-stick with miktex, texmaker,
ghostscript and so on. Now i would like to integrate aspell as well. My
problem is that i don't know if i need to batch the whole thing, including
generation of (session)-registry entries, or if it is ok, to just copy the
installation directory to the usb-drive and tell the mobile-applications where
to find it.
I am forced to work on a microsoft windows computer and may not install any
applications, but i am allowed to run them without installation....

What Windows version of Aspell are you using?

I personally have not written any code that uses the registry, although some Windows port might.

However, Aspell might have some problems with hard coded paths. However if Aspell is compiled with --enable-win32-relocatable it might help.