Re: [Beaver-devel] Re: More probs.

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Re: More probs.
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:18:55 -0500

Leslie Polzer wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:54:05 -0500
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

One thing I can think of, and if this was a problem, I'd think you'd get different errors, but I don't see line_top being set ever.

gtk_text_view_buffer_to_window_coords (GTK_TEXT_VIEW(FPROPS(CurrentPage, Text)),
        GTK_TEXT_WINDOW_TEXT, x, line_top, &x, &y);
                                 ^^^^^^^^

Um, you're not setting it there.  The documentation for that function is

void        gtk_text_view_buffer_to_window_coords
                                            (GtkTextView *text_view,
                                             GtkTextWindowType win,
                                             gint buffer_x,
                                             gint buffer_y,
                                             gint *window_x,
                                             gint *window_y);

You are passing the value of line_top as a value to be converted to a new y. If you didn't initialize line_top, that would explain the behaviour you are seeing, maybe.

Use the function gtk_text_view_get_line_yrange to get the top of an iter and the height of the line.

-mt