[Beaver-devel] feature request

From: eminem Stan
Subject: [Beaver-devel] feature request
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 07:18:31 +0300

Hi,
after a long search on freshmeat.net I found your wonderful editor.. beaver.
I was specifically looking for a text editor that used gtk2 or 2.2, and yours is the best (and the only) one I could find. The reason behind my interest in this is that the gtk2 (or 2.2) text widget is linked against the pango library, which in turn is capable of handling arabic text perfectly with shaping support. However, the fribidi library is also useful to switch to right to left editing. Or there could possibly a native gtk solution, I don't know. beaver version 0.3.1 compiled properly but when run just gave a segmentation fault and exited. beaver version 0.3.0 works fine and perfectly handles english except the word wrap setting which gives the following error: (beaver:12440): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcheckmenuitem.c: line 205 (gtk_check_menu_item_set_active): assertion `GTK_IS_CHECK_MENU_ITEM (check_menu_item)' failed

Arabic filenames are handled fine,
but when writing in arabic and it encouters a letter out of place (has no shape associated with its current position) any subsequent input is displayed but not saved..

Is it possible that such quirks be fixed.

Again thanks very much for sharing this wonderful piece of work (oh yeah I love the syntax highlighting support).