bibledit-development

[be] [task #8078] New usfm->osis converter

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #8078] New usfm->osis converter
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 04:36:53 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, task #8078 (project bibledit):

Character numbering hidden in BE-Sword export

When character numbering is used in a project (e.g. f
a fr 1.6 ft textf* this footnote is not shown in the
BE-Sword-Export (as + 1.1 text)

-> Let the character numbering of footnotes (and
probably also of cross-references) show up correctly in
the BE-Sword-export.

The footnote / endnote / xref are now correctly shown as
notes in BibleTime, but automatic numbering does not work. I
think that BibleTime does not support that, nor does
BibleTime, I think, support manual numbering. It seems to
always show an asterisk (*) as the note anchor. Joachim may
confirm this or know how to solve the problem. For just now
I think that Bibledit goes as far as is possible by Sword,
and that is just to render any note, whether footnote,
endnote or crossreference, as a footnote in BibleTime.
Therefore I've moved this item to "Third party software",
and you, Wolfgang, can pursue the matter with Joachim, if
you wish.

Bible notes with character numbering notes caller (e.g.
footnotes in FCL97) are shown in BibleTime, but the numbers
of the callers do not show up.

I don't know whether BibleTime supports this, and if it
supports, I don't know what OSIS code to put to get this
numbering shown, as in the official OSIS handbook there is
no provision for this.

Automatic numbering, and other types of numbering are now
correctly exported, but BibleTime does not yet support this,
Joachim said.

BibleTime 1.6 will support the n attribute for inlined
footnotes.

Joachim

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8078>

  Message sent via/by Savannah