cashew-s

[CASHeW-s] [Fwd: [gnu.org #215181] GNU GPL plug-in for Eclipse]

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: [CASHeW-s] [Fwd: [gnu.org #215181] GNU GPL plug-in for Eclipse]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:28:51 +0000

-----Forwarded Message-----
> From: Dave Turner via RT <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Subject: [gnu.org #215181] GNU GPL plug-in for Eclipse
> Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:07:34 -0500
>
> > address@hidden - Thu Nov 25 07:36:34 2004]:
>
> > > I suppose you could dual-license: GPL + EPL.  It wouldn't allow GPL
> > code
> > > to be linked in when your code was linked with Eclipse, but it would
> > > allow portions of your code to be transplanted into other software.
> > >

> > This sounds the best option then, especially as it allows us to retain
> > our project on Savannah.  How do we go about doing this, both legally
> > and practically?
>
> If you're the sole copyright holder, you can simply add a notice like
> the following:
>
> You may copy, modify, and redistribute this file under the terms of the
> GNU General Public License version 2 (or, at your option, any later
> version), and/or the Eclipse Public License version 1.0.
>
> [standard GPL notice]
>
> [standard EPL notice]
>
> > I take it we still need a separate project for the
> > dual-licensed editor sub-project?
>
> Since this is a matter of Savannah administration, I'll let Sylvain respond.

Sylvian,

In this case, it is possible to have:

* The current project become the cashew-s-engine or something similar
* A new project, cashew-s-editor, licensed under the dual EPL/GPL, with
three of the mailing lists from the current project (the ones beginning
cashew-s-editor).

Let me know what you think,
Cheers,
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known --
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner