civicrm-boston

Re: [Civicrm-boston] FYI: EVENT ON WORKER-OWNED COMPANIES: Own This! How

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [Civicrm-boston] FYI: EVENT ON WORKER-OWNED COMPANIES: Own This! How To Take Back the Internet
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 13:00:23 -0500

address@hidden <address@hidden> writes:

> Is this relevent enough for CiviCRM Boston?
> Brian
>
> On November 16, 2018, the Harvard Law Forum will be hosting the New School's
> Professor Trebor Scholz, to talk about a global effort to form
> large-scaleplatform cooperatives:platform-based companiesowned by the workers
> who create their profits!This would be a great thing for DSA members to get
> involved in, as it's a viable structure for workers to own the means of
> production.The event info, and links to the Harvard and Facebook events are
> below:
>
> Own This! How to Take Back the InternetTrebor Scholz will present activist
> research on the worker cooperative as a promising economic alternative for
> the digital economy. Showcasing work with platform co-ops in India, Germany,
> Australia, Brazil, and the United States, Scholz demonstrates that a
> democratically-owned People’s Internet is not only possible but that it’s a
> promising economic alternative for the digital economy.
>
> FB
> Event:https://www.facebook.com/events/2039659652795094/?notif_t=plan_user_associated&notif_id=1541256123448511
>

> Cheers,Martin DrakeHarvard Law Forum,President

I definitely think so. Thanks for sharing. I'll try to show up.

Your urls got some spaces added to them. Here they are corrected

HLS Event: https://hls.harvard.edu/event/own-this-how-to-take-
back-the-internet/

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF