dfey-nw-discuss

Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE (was: 2morro festival - free tickets)

From: Isabell Long
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE (was: 2morro festival - free tickets)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:52:20 +0200

2009/6/25 Robert Leverington <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/6/24 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:
>> Isabell Long wrote:
>>>
>>> Yep I hope so.  I might not be able to come to the NW but at least I can
>>> maybe do stuff in London.
>>
>> Sure. But it's only a matter of time before something starts up in the SE. I
>> was kinda hoping you and roberthl could have a chat about doing something
>> like that but that obviously thats not possible
>
> We have actually had a chat about this, the generally feel was that as
> an organisation we would need a set of defined aims/objectives before
> doing anything much. Obviously it will essentially be almost identical
> to DFEY NW, but for the south east - however it is still important to
> completely understand why we're starting such a venture (and something
> completely identical to DFEY NW is going to make less sense than
> something that both brings existing DFEY initiatives to the south, as
> well as pioneering its own ideas); any suggestions would be good.

Yes, I do think that we need to think of ideas and DFEY-SE would need
ideas for itself, not just be completely identical to DFEY-NW
otherwise, as you rightly said, that is not going to make much sense
as it is in the SE.

> I tried to start putting down ideas, etc., but that quickly failed due
> to lack of interest - maybe when we all have a bit more time.

Yes, sorry, I don't think I was particularly quick in replying to that email.

>> I think a DFEY-SE would get going fairly quickly - it just needs a few
>> people to drive it. :)
>
> Is/does anyone know anyone else who will be interested in this?
> Currently I know of about three DFEY NW regulars who are/will be
> located in the south east (me, Isabell, and Connor), but it would be
> good to have more especially since we will be all located quite far
> away from one another making meetings more challenging.

I could come to London quite easily I think once I find my feet in
Surrey and get out a bit and know where I am, it's only about an hour
away by train or even by car I think.  Where abouts is Connor in the
SE (maybe off list?)?  I'm looking forward to having regular IRL
meetings if this all works out!

Isabell.
--
Regards,