discuss-gnu-electric

Electric and Mocmos

From: Yunle Sun
Subject: Electric and Mocmos
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 21:27:41 -0400

I'm now learning to make layouts in Electric. The technology is mocmos (now submicron), and the process is TSMC 0.18um. I was confused by:

1. Should the lambda size be changed from 0.2um (default) to 0.10um?
   Where: Electric -> Technology -> change units -> mocmos
   Reference: http://www.mosis.org/products/fab/vendors/tsmc/tsmc018/

2. Do I have to change the design rules?
   Where: Electric -> Tools -> DRC -> DRC Rules ...

3. Can I refer to TSMC 0.18um process parameters for my layout? How to calculate the width of rails?
   Parameters: sheet resistances, contact and vias resistances, and maximum current for metals/contact/vias, etc.

Thank you for your time and help.

Y. Sun