discuss-gnu-electric

Re: PLA generation

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: PLA generation
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:18:15 -0700

I'm using the electric6.4 to sintetize a ROM by using the pla generation of the program. I created two files wich contein the lookuptable of the AND and Or planes then i selected, under the line of tools, the pla generation using the CMOS tecnology and followed the steps that it requires. Automatically the electric create a library conteining the ROM and its sub-facets, the problem is that when i do the ALS simulation it find 152 errors of placement of p-well, n-well and the variuos metal arc. I don't know if it's a problem of the tecnology used (mine is the mocmossub) or something else, if someone knows where i do wrong or have any idea to solve the problem please tell me.

The Electric CMOS PLA generator merely places and routes standard cells, and uses a default set of cells that come with the system. However, it is not guaranteed to be DRC clean. This may also affect the simulation (although it should work correctly, because DRC is unimportant to simulators).

You might want to try a more recent version of Electric (6.08 has just been released).

   -Steven Rubin