discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Creating new environment (updated)

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Creating new environment (updated)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:28:09 -0700

I'm learning to creat a new layout environment for 0.35um process. The lambda size is 400 (i.e. 0.2u).

1. The gate should be 1.75 lambda or 2 lambda wide?

Much depends on the people who are processing for you. MOSIS has a .18u process, but Electric's technology for it makes transistors .20 wide because MOSIS compensates the artwork that is sent to them.

2. The "Layer letters" field is one letter (or at most two) that uniquely identify this layer. Is this means that I can use any letter (i.e. A, ..., Z; a, ..., z) for any layer (e.g. n-well) if this letter has not been used with other layers?

The layer letters are an artifact of an older version of Electric. All that matters is that the letters be different for each layer. You can even use digits instead of letters.

   -Steven Rubin