discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Schematic printing

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Schematic printing
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:01:43 -0700

At 03:00 PM 9/28/2006, you wrote:
When I print a schematic in Electric version 8.04, the background is printed in gray (which makes the circuit not so clearly visible and more ink consumption) and the frame/title is not printed. In Electric version 7.00, I could print the schematic with the background blank(white) and the frame/tile is printed. How Electric version 8.04 can do the same? Or are they differences between two as now?

The current printing model tries to print exactly what is on the screen. This is why you get the gray background. If you want a white background, there are two ways to get around this:

(1) Change your background colors before printing (with Window / Color Schemes / White Background Colors").

(2) Export PostScript (with File / Export / PostScript) and print that.

-Steven Rubin