Question on dropped samples

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: Question on dropped samples
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 22:40:29 +0000

I was working on a block that I thought was going to be super simple, but have now realized that there are a lot of little corner cases that make it tougher than first glance.

Basically, I want to fill in the dropped samples in a stream. So if I happen to have a usrp stream and get a new tag, and I realize that 6 samples were lost, I would like to stuff 6 dummy samples into place, and adjust the downstream tags accordingly.

It isn't "hard", but knowing that you have x samples in your work function, that you have y samples dropped, stuffing those in, but making sure that you don't put more samples than noutput can handle, and then adjusting all future tags accordingly starts to become a lesson in records management.

Does anyone know of something out there that already does this? Or maybe how I am way overcomplicating it.