Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2019 22:57:27 +0200

> There is no problem in that: the package indeed has a limited scope,
> because it contains a particular UI. That's all.

While looking for a good file name we have also to think about good prefixes
for function names, e.g.

tags-loop-continue - old command bound to M-,

multifile-continue - current name

file-loop-continue - this new name makes the most sense

>> BTW, wanted to ask a related question: in multifile.el I see
>> multifile-continue, but can't find its keybinding.  Is it
>> bound to some key like it was earlier IIRC to ā€˜M-,ā€™?
>
> I think the idea is that the user sets up a binding themselves. E.g. people
> who don't want to use xref will change 'M-,' back to multifile-continue.

But what to do for users who wants to use both?

Maybe we should support next-error, so ā€˜M-g M-nā€™ will call multifile-continue.