Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 02:21:03 +0300

On 03.01.2019 23:57, Juri Linkov wrote:

file-loop-continue - this new name makes the most sense

If the package is fileloop, it'll be called fileloop-continue, I think.

I think the idea is that the user sets up a binding themselves. E.g. people
who don't want to use xref will change 'M-,' back to multifile-continue.

But what to do for users who wants to use both?

They can also use different bindings, of course.

Maybe we should support next-error, so ‘M-g M-n’ will call multifile-continue.

Maybe.

I still haven't looked at your latest change in that area (very sorry about that). So I'm not sure what are odds of a conflict between different next-error-supporting facilities now, which would be a possible downside.