Re: Comprehensive JSX support in Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Comprehensive JSX support in Emacs
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 07:23:46 -0400

>> However, there is a noticeable delay when editing some lines in my
>> 1000-line monolith.jsx file,
> This sounds a bit worrisome.  Slow font-lock rules?

Regarding that: if you can provide a concrete example, maybe we can help
figure out where's the source of the performance issue and how to avoid it.

That reminds me: could you add a comment somewhere explaining what
you do in syntax-propertize-function vs what you do in font-lock
and inlining (some of those choices are completely obvious, but others
are much less so with non-obvious tradeoffs).  And also why you decided
to do it this way, obviously.

E.g. have you considered marking the < and > in the JSX parts with
a parenthesis-syntax?

        Stefan