Re: Adding olivetti to GNU ELPA

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Adding olivetti to GNU ELPA
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 15:43:43 +0300

> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:32:16 -0400
> From: "Paul W. Rankin" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > I think the current procedure is that you should explicitly write that
> > you contribute a package to Emacs, and then your assignment will cover
> > that package as well.
>
> I don't understand what you mean. Is my first email enough to cover olivetti?

I think something more explicit is needed, not just a request to add
olivetti to ELPA.  The main issue here is that your assignment is for
Emacs, and olivetti is not currently part of Emacs.  We need some
explicit wording to allow us to consider it part of Emacs, so that
your copyright assignment would cover it.