Re: isearch region or thing at point.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: isearch region or thing at point.
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 22:50:03 +0200

Hi Juri:

Thanks for replying. I will try a different implementation like the one you suggested.

But any way, in the previous patch could be easier just add more conditions to filter and keep backward compatibility with the current behaviour. (For example looking if the command just started, or providing the actual region as a hint, look if the command was called interactively, add the extra code in the search-forward function only when the region in not empty and so on. I would prefer such solutions to avoid forcing the user to learn new bindings.

In fact C-spc + isearch is something I use constantly and I haven't have any issue today.

But I understand that there should be corner cases I don't know. And usually add features that potentially changes any detail in Emacs always finish in strong discussions in this mailing list.

So I prefer to avoid that.

Very thanks for your reply.